The Carson City Schools Foundation is honored to be able to provide multiple grant opportunities to support Students and School District Personnel. For more information on these and to apply please follow the links below:
Mini Grants: The Foundation will provide teachers and staff with another round of mini grants of up to $200 for creative projects aligned with the District’s Strategic Plan, Empower Carson City, 2022. All projects must be completed by the end of this school year. Due Date: Thursday, October 29, 2020
To apply for a Mini-Grant, click here: Mini Grants
Student Financial Aid Assistance: The Foundation is pleased to support students with assistance towards fees and expenses related to sports and other school activities, up to $100. Requests must be submitted by the student’s advisor or coach. Requests will be considered on an on-going basis when the Foundation Board meets on the second Thursday of each month.
To apply for Student Financial Aid, click here: Student Financial-aid assistance
Department/School/Grade Level Grants:
Five grants of up to $2,000 each will be awarded to a school, department or group of teachers/staff currently employed by the Carson City School District. Purpose: To provide funding for a school, department or group of teachers/staff to implement an innovative project that is aligned to specific strategies within Empower Carson City, 2022, the District’s strategic plan. Due Date: Thursday, October 29, 2020
To apply for a Department /School / Grade Level Grant, click here: Department/School/Grade Level Grants
Important Grant Information:
- Awards will be announced by November 16, 2020
- Awardees have from November 16, 2020 to June 3, 2021 to implement their projects.
- All funds must be spent by June 30, 2021.
- Any funds not spent by June 30, 2021, will revert back to the Foundation.
- Mini grants winners will receive a personal check from the Foundation.
- Awards for school/department/grade level grants will be placed in a Carson City School District account. The CCSD Grants Department will assist the awardees with all purchasing and expenditures of these grant funds.
Please note, awardees must be willing to share the results of their work via pictures, videos, and/or reports with the Carson City Schools Foundation. Some or all of these items may be used in press releases and uploaded to the Foundation’s website.
Brought to you in part by these sponsors: